My Story of Living With a Brain Injury

I am young adult living with the trials and triumphs as a result of a brain injury. This is my story.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Learning Experiences

It's been said to me before that "mistakes are not mistakes. They are learning experiences. The only mistake is if you don't learn from it." I believed in that but couldn't quite put it into practice. I would think "Well, now I know for next time," but it was more of a passing thought.

Also, along with a brain injury comes higher levels of anxiety, perfectionism, guilt, etc. So when there were learning experiences, it was/is harder to separate from all the emotions and just learn and move ahead.

But yesterday, something clicked for me. I recently had a rather..... large..... learning experience, one of those that I was responsible for, consequence of my choices, etc. I had been having a really hard time moving past it, I could have avoided it-why didn't I, etc. Then I realized- without learning experiences, where would be the motivation to change? To ultimately become better and happier? So now because I do know, I can change. And more than just a passing thought.

Here's to learning experiences!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment