My Story of Living With a Brain Injury

I am young adult living with the trials and triumphs as a result of a brain injury. This is my story.

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Lot Like You and Me

Dear Blog Readers,


Here is some more (generic) information about me....


Favorite TV shows: CSI:NY, The Biggest Loser, Man vs Food, Chopped (from the food network)

Favorite Foods: I dont' really have a favorite but I will eat anything except for radishes, beets, grapefruit, green olives. For real.

Favorite Movies: I love black and white classics (the philadelphia story) and movies based on real life (remember the titans)

Things I like to do: exercise, cook, read, hike, blog, take naps, karaoke parties with my friends, shopping on a bargain (I'm all about the clearance racks, people!).


I like to wear: high heels, jewelry, carry a bright colored purse, but love my sweats and sneakers equally as much! I also like to walk around my house wrapped up in a blanket (don't know why)

My personality is: more quirky than polished, and that's OK. I love laughing and making people laugh with spontaneous one-liners. The more I know you, the funnier/relaxed I am.

My family: is LARGE. I'm the youngest of several sibling and have 4x as many nieces and nephews. It has its ups and downs but being an aunt so many times over brings me a lot of joy.

I am: sometimes impatient with life-I tend to take action faster than I need to instead of letting things play out. Caring about other people and try to remember things that are impt to them. I am incredibly determined-I love exceeding expectations and proving people wrong.

I am learning: To give myself more "quiet time" and my own best friend and advocate. To trust myself.

I get concerned with: money/bills, maintaining relationships, having people like me, having a balanced life.

I hope for: improve on my 1/2 marathon time, to buy my first car, write a book based on my blog, get married and have my own children.

The point of this blog was not just an excuse to talk about myself, but rather to make a point. That those with a brain injury, in many cases are a lot like you and me. Having similar likes and dislikes, having hopes and dreams and frustrations. So if you have sustained a brain injury like me, perhaps reading this can help you find something we have in common. Or for a parent reading this maybe this will provide some insight into simply living with a brain injury.

Enjoy! Thoughts, comments, questions, etc are welcome and encouraged! I really do see this blog as an "open book" so please feel free to ask questions or leave comments!

1 comment:

  1. I feel a lot like you! My favorite shows are: Biggest Loser, No Ordinary Family & Psych. I'll eat anything... except maybe squid-on-a-stick ;) I like doing all the things you listed, except karaoke and shopping. I am wrapped in a blanket as I type this. I love trying to be witty and making people laugh at my dry humor. I'm the youngest and the favorite aunt of a dozen kidlings. Also impatient with life. And want to exceed expectations. I need more "quiet time". I am concerned with all those things you mentioned you're concerned with. I am training for 1/2 marathon and I want to marry and have children. We are a lot alike, I think!

    ReplyDelete