My Story of Living With a Brain Injury

I am young adult living with the trials and triumphs as a result of a brain injury. This is my story.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Not Everyone Thinks Like I Do!!!!

I think the title of this post says it all, but..... no matter how many times I learn this, and then re-learn and remember this statement, it is worth it! Remembering can bring a sense of calm and perspective. It can help you to pause and think things through. Perhaps, most importantly, it can help prevent you (or at least me!) from saying things or taking actions that you may later on wish you'd done differently.

I believe this is harder for someone with a brain injury. The logic of my opinion is that it is simply harder to think abstractly, to consider options, etc. My brain can think quite well on a one-way street, in a black and white world! Going beyond that is not necessarily easy! Even though the world and people in it and are not full of black and white, and one-way streets.

But I am recommitting myself to remembering that.... Not Everyone Thinks Like I Do!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment