My Story of Living With a Brain Injury

I am young adult living with the trials and triumphs as a result of a brain injury. This is my story.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Have a Strategy in Place

So.... it's been awhile since I updated this blog. Sorry about that. But it is a new month, with new goals and new energy!

Lately I have learned the impt of having a strategy in place for when life is frustrating, overwhelming, disappointing, etc. Something that when I think to myself, "What am I going to do now to regroup, get through this, etc," I can have an answer!

Obviously each individual needs to find their own but there are some that have worked for me
-a long walk or run
-reading a book that I enjoy, nothing too intense
-spending time with my nieces and nephews
-talking wtih a good friend

I feel the importance is not so much "what" the strategy is but just that it really is "in place" It saves me time and energy from thinking, "What am I going to do now????" when I can act. And the more time I spend utilizing those strategies, the more natural they come and they more successful they are for me.

What strategies have been successful for you in the more challenging times in life??? I would love to hear your ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment