My Story of Living With a Brain Injury

I am young adult living with the trials and triumphs as a result of a brain injury. This is my story.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Being Myself-Not Right or Wrong

In some areas I can be a perfectionist at times-I like to have good hair days, have outfits that coordinate with accessories. I like to have "everything in it's place." To name a few.....

But...... there are also areas where I am NOT a perfectionist. For examples, hanging pictures on my wall. If no one is around, I'll hang it myself, even if it is a bit (or more than a bit) crooked! It just doesn't bother me. When I have dinner guests all the glasses and plates and silverware do not match or even come close to it.... And a centerpiece? Forget about it! Perhaps in the future though....

The point is, there are those I know and love who are bothered by crooked pictures and who make beautiful centerpieces. They do care about those things and good for them! The point is that we can all care about different things, do different things well, and it's OK! Truly, there is no right or wrong.

Remember that and trust me, I am working on remembering it myself......

No comments:

Post a Comment